THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD FOR KIDS

MORNING!!! ☼

I have been absent for a while because I have taken some days off to enjoy the sea, travelling a little bit and catching up with some friends and family. But I'm back full of energy and willing to share with you a lot of new ideas.

Some weeks ago I created some flashcards for my Science lessons. These flashcards are about "The Scientic Method". In my Science lessons I encourage my students to discover the Science contents they are learning doing experiments and applying the Scientific Method.

Why using the Scientific Method in your Science lessons? Keep reading!

 1. Experiments make all students ask themselves questions about a situation, a problem...

2. Experiments make students think hypothesis and elicit what can happen if they do one action or another.

3. Experiments are a good chance to teach students it is fine to make a wrong hypothesis and that we can learn from mistakes.

4. Experiments -if done in small groups-can encourage discussion

5. After doing experiments, students can be asked to report their results. This is a good opportunity to practise oral skills and discover other classmates' results, which could be different.

I use the flashcards I told you above at the beginning of the experiment to remind them the steps and during the learning process to make sure they are following the steps. These flashcards also help them to find out in which step they are.

If you click on the picture below, you will be able to download the Scientic Method Flashcards for FREE! And... do you know what? They are available in English, Spanish and Catalan. 








I hope this material is useful for your Science lessons. If you use it, I will be very glad to hear from you! 

Eva πŸ’–






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTIVITIES BASED ON BLOOM'S TAXONOMY

THE 3 As TOOL IN CLIL: Language FOR, Language OF and Language TRHOUGH

TEACHING VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR IN CLIL