BOOKS FOR CLIL TEACHERS

 HOWDY! 😍

It's been a while since my last post. As teachers, you know that the end of the school year is overwhelming: meetings, grading, festivals... and these are some of  the reasons why I've been absent.

I have had this post in my mind for weeks and today I have finally some time to share it with you. I love reading books for teachers to keep updated, to learn more and to help me reflect on my practice.

I want to share with you these two books which can be really useful for CLIL teachers:

1) "CLIL: Content and Language Integrated Learning" by Do Coyle, Philip Hood and David Marsh. For me this book is the "bible" of CLIL and it is a "MUST HAVE". Not it only deals with theoretical concepts, but also how you can adapt CLIL to your context, assessment in CLIL, evaluating the impact of CLIL, programmes and future directions.

CLIL, clil methodology, CLIL books for teachers

CLIL, clil methodology, CLIL books for teachers


2) "101 Scaffolding techniques" by Donna Lee Fields. If you are looking for ideas for Scaffolding, here you have 101 techniques that you can adapt for your CLIL lessons. This book is divided into 5 parts: 

πŸ‘‰ Scaffolding techniques for reading
πŸ‘‰ Scaffolding techniques for videos
πŸ‘‰ Identifying academic language
πŸ‘‰ Scaffolding techniques for ELT, ESL, EMI, EFL classes
πŸ‘‰ Expressions of politeness.

Have you read any of these two books?
Could you recommend me more books about CLIL?

I will very happy if you leave me a comment with your recommendations and/or your opinion about these two books.

Have a wonderful Saturday,
Eva❤



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTIVITIES BASED ON BLOOM'S TAXONOMY

THE 3 As TOOL IN CLIL: Language FOR, Language OF and Language TRHOUGH

TEACHING VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR IN CLIL