MY LIFE HACKS FOR TEACHERS

 πŸ’–Hi teachers! πŸ’–

Just three school days for our desired and deserved Christmas break πŸ˜‰!

 I'm sure you have worked very hard writing your lessons plans, creating your own materials, dealing with classroom management, attending meetings, working during the weekend... Yes, as teachers, sometimes we think we are superheroes with superpowers and we end up  the first term overwhelmed. 

At the beginning of each school year,  I promise myself it is going to be different. I try to convince myself that I will only be working during the week, but this never happens. I end up working at school, after the school and at weekends. Too often, as teachers, we think we must create all our resources and that is really exhausting and time-consuming. Does this sound familiar to you? If it does, keep reading πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡



As many of you, I have been creating my own resources, but then I realised I didn't have free time for me and my hobbies. That is why this term I have started implementing some life hacks in my teacher's life. Let me share them with you 😍

1) Before creating a new unit, revise the ones you already have in that particular topic. You don't have to create each unit from the beginning. Make changes to improve it (if needed).

2) Revise the resources you already have for that unit. Did they work with your students? If so, use them again. Create just the resources that you would have liked to use last year or the ones you really need.

3) You don't need to create all the resources by yourself. I mean there are loads of ready-to-use resources created by wonderful educators, hundreds of websites and platforms where you can find resources for your lessons. 

☑ Remember that on Instagram there is a big community of teachers sharing their work and their collaborative dossiers, so why not using them? Some of my favourites are: @my_elt_bubble, @my_kumucorner, @sabrina_michielan,  @teaching.and.learning.english, @aprende_ingles_con_gulpy, @theredhairteacher, @teacherinmita, @myteachersanty, @thinkinenglish888 and many more.

☑ Regarding platforms, I have bought resources in @teacherspayteachers. The first time I was a bit reluctant, but I found what I wanted and it really saved me time. You can also find amazing authors in @eduki or other platforms of your preference.

☑ Some webs with full of resources are iSL Collective, the British Council, Koala text, Canva ...

4) And the most important hack! Share with your teacher colleagues. @my_elt_buble and I teach at different levels, but we share a Drive folder where we upload resources we have created or resources that we have found on internet. 

Would you add any more hacks to this list? I will appreciate if you share your hacks with me. I am willing to read you πŸ’—

Eva 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTIVITIES BASED ON BLOOM'S TAXONOMY

THE 3 As TOOL IN CLIL: Language FOR, Language OF and Language TRHOUGH

TEACHING VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR IN CLIL