BUOYANCY AND DENSITY EXPERIMENTS

 Good morning!

Do your students like doing experiments? I'm sure they do! Kids are so curious that experiments captivate their attention from the beginning to the end. At least, that's what I have observed in my Science classes and do you know which is one of the reasons why I love experiments too? ALL students get involved no matter what their level of English is or if they struggle with contents. I love seeing their faces when they discover what happens or when they realise their hypothesis has nothing to do with the result. I love their excited faces.

The two experiments below where carried out with my 5th graders. They were learning about BUOYANCY and DENSITY. 

The experiment about BUOYANCY is like magic. It is called "Dancing Raisins". Can raisins dance? Do raisins float? Find it out with this experiment. I must confess that as an adult, when I tried it at home before doing it at school, I enjoyed like a little girl. You can download the experiment directions clicking on the image below.

experiments for kids, buoyancy, density, science for kids, clil, aicle, bilingual education, bilingual kids


The resourece about DENSITY includes and reading comprehension about the Dead Sea  (created with Genially) and 3 experiments about DENSITY. You can download it from my TpT Store clicking on the image below.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTIVITIES BASED ON BLOOM'S TAXONOMY

THE 3 As TOOL IN CLIL: Language FOR, Language OF and Language TRHOUGH

TEACHING VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR IN CLIL