USING YOUTUBE VIDEOS IN YOUR CLIL SCIENCE CLASSES

Good afternoon teachers!

Have you realised it's just four weeks until the end of the school year? This countdown makes me feel stressed, but I had to share with you this tip my 6th graders shared with me two weeks ago.



As you may have read in other posts, I use videos in my CLIL Science classes to clarify concepts, to introduce content... (you can also  read a post "Videos and Songs for your CLIL Science Lessons"). This term my students are learning about "Invertebrate animals". I wanted them to search for their own information and I suggested them watching some videos I had found on Youtube. The content and the language were quite good for my students, but the character spoke too fast. When I arrived in class, I told them about the videos and explained them we were going to watch the videos several times because the character spoke too fast. Some of the students raised their hand and said: "Don't worry, Eva! You can slow down the playback speed". Imagine my face! I didn't know this trick!! One of the students taught me how to do it and I immediately decided I had to share it with you.

Would you like to find out how to slow down the playback speed in YouTube videos to get the most of them in your CLIL Science Lessons or in your English classes? Here we go!

STEP 1


STEP 2


STEP 3



Now you and your students are ready to watch the video!

Did you know this trick? If you didn't, I hope you liked it πŸ˜…

Eva πŸ’–




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTIVITIES BASED ON BLOOM'S TAXONOMY

THE 3 As TOOL IN CLIL: Language FOR, Language OF and Language TRHOUGH

TEACHING VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR IN CLIL