USING BITMOJIS TO MOTIVATE STUDENTS

Happy Thursday!

Today I want to share something I introduce in my CLIL Science lessons a year ago.


Do you use BITMOJIS to motivate your students?

A couple of years ago, I discovered bitmojis on instagram thanks to Alba Sabuco from @parentesis.educacion and I immediately fell in love with them. So I decided to use bitmojis to motivate my students' progress. I selected five bitmojis and I created a template so that my students could be aware of their progress in:

✔️ Participation
✔️ Group Work
✔️ English (if they use English to communicate with the teacher and their classmates)
✔️ Content

I turned the bitmojis into stickers photocopying the bitmojis in adhesive paper. Then I cut them and kept them in little boxes (one for each type of bitmoji) . Then I gave a copy of the template to each student.

I promise that the involvementt in my classes changed a lot: more students were participating, more students were using English, more students were engaged in group work.... They wanted to win bitmoji stickers.

I am still using bitmojis from 1st to 6th grade and if a session I forget to reward them with bitmojis, they remind me. I have to make sure I always have stickers available.






bitmojis in the English class



Eva๐Ÿ’–









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTIVITIES BASED ON BLOOM'S TAXONOMY

THE 3 As TOOL IN CLIL: Language FOR, Language OF and Language TRHOUGH

TEACHING VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR IN CLIL