CREATING WITH POWTOON



Hi everyone,

Today I would like to show you an activity I designed for my students at the beginning of the lockdown.

The 2nd term had just been interrupted when my 5th grade students were about to finish the project of "Light". One of the last activities was to learn about the "Blue light" and its effects on our health. The final activity was to create a leaflet giving advice on how to take care of our eyes and health nowadays that we use so many devices. 

After the first days spending so many hours in front of the laptop, I realised my eyes were suffering from being too much time working online or answering messages on the mobile phone... So I decided that I could create a presentation warning about the negative effectes of too much exposure to blue light. This presentation could be useful for both 5th graders who would be able to "finish" the project and to give advice to 4th and 6th graders.

And there was Powtoon! I created the video below with Powtoon and a questionnaire with Google Forms. 




The following days I received emails from my students telling me that they didn't know about the effects of blue light and that they would try to improve some habits. I explained to them that I had also learnt about the blue light and that I had also started to change some habits.


If you think, you can use this activity in your class, please, feel free to use it and let me know how it worked. I will be appreciate to hear from you

Eva๐Ÿ’–










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTIVITIES BASED ON BLOOM'S TAXONOMY

THE 3 As TOOL IN CLIL: Language FOR, Language OF and Language TRHOUGH

TEACHING VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR IN CLIL